Yes. By swapping out a WordPress installation function for our own proprietary replacement, we modify certain default WordPress settings to make it simpler and faster for you to set up your site on wpPERFORM.com. Our changes are targeted at modifying the default content that WordPress creates when it sets up a new site. Specifically, we:
- Change the default category from Uncategorized to General;
- Change the default link list to add a link to our homepage and to remove links to certain WordPress destinations that would have little relevance to our users, such as the WordPress themes repository;
- Remove all of the 5 default widgets so that a new site has no widgets already installed to save our users from having to delete potentially unwanted widgets;
- Change the “Hello World!” post to one entitled “Welcome to wpPERFORM.com”;
- Remove the initial comment created by “Mr WordPress” to save our users from deleting it.
These changes only apply when you first create your site, and the changes are only made to reduce the amount of generic content our users must delete when creating their sites.
Posted in: Technical